Each month, LEAD will honor a special athlete who is turning up the dial and challenging herself to be better each day.
Izzy started sports at a very young age. She grew up in an athletic family, and “being a couch potato wasn’t an option.” Early on she started swimming, then took up basketball, lacrosse, soccer, and her passion sport, skiing. Eventually, Izzy decided to pursue both playing soccer and upping her skills on the slopes. She played Eastside FC for 4 years and has
been an all-star member of Crystal Mountain Alpine Club (CMAC) since she was a wee lass and just 7 years old. So here’s to you, Izzy – we salute your awesomeness!
ATHLETE FUN FACTS:
• Marquee moment in my athletic career: invitation to Junior Olympics – this is my second year
• Favorite flick: Fouls, Gold or Goal!
• My best leadership qualities: I’m outgoing, helpful, and I love to push others to perform at their best
• Favorite subject: English
• Jam that gets me amped: Rivals by Usher, Be My Escape by Reliant K
• My go-to pre-competition meal: Steak and salad…on skiing days since my day starts so early, I like eggs, bacon and fruit
• My happy place: Skiing groomed runs with no one else around
• Athlete role-model: Lindsey Vonn or Mikaela Shiffrin